Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week 13!

Challenge:
Starting back in December, my son Jonah started waking up in the middle of the night crying. This became frequent and soon progressed to him crying hysterically when we would put him down for bed. We were left puzzled by this new phase and unsure what to do. It finally got to a point where Jonah would get anxious about entering his room even during the day. My husband's work schedule kept him away many nights in January and so I often put the children down by myself. I would always put Jonah down last and as I was getting him ready  for bed... I can't really articulate it, but there was darkness present in his room. I could feel it in my spirit and I simply had to pray when I was in there. I mentioned this to Jason a few different times and he ended up seeking council about it with a trusted man of God. This man looked right at Jason and without hesitation he said, "Satan wants Jonah." Jason came home with a resolve that we will fight Satan tooth and nail because he will not have our son.

The challenge and the prayer will be combined this week. For my challenge, I need to be aware at just how active the devil is in my family's life. Ephesians 6:12 tells us, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." While we have been aggressive in fighting Satan over Jonah (which I'm thankful to report has solved all his anxiety!) we have not been as equally active in praying over and anointing Havana or Selah's rooms because they aren't being scared at night, but that doesn't mean Satan isn't after them... we know he is. I need to be more mindful that while I have hopes and dreams and prayers for my children - Satan does as well. He as an agenda for my family and it is the complete opposite of my agenda (and even more important God's agenda)! I need to be much more active in battling him over my children today and every day!

Prayer:
(there isn't one prayer I can write to cover all of this, but here is the basic prayer that can be used to launch into your own prayers specific to your family):
Father God, in the powerful name of Jesus Christ I ask you to come and protect my children. Protect them from the Evil One. Protect them from his lies and schemes. I know we were bought with the blood of Jesus (Acts 20:28) and I ask for it to be sprinkled over my children, their rooms, and their thoughts. Like Jesus, I exclaim, "Away from my children, Satan" (Matthew 4:10).  I bind Satan, in the name of Jesus Christ, from my family. From the windows and doors of my house - specifically in each of their rooms. From my children's thoughts, their dreams, their hearts, their spirits. From their closets to the shadows in their rooms... Satan has no power here. He cannot have my children and I command him to flee from here in the name of Jesus. I ask You to put a hedge of protection around each of my children and send your angels to guard our house. I love you, Lord, and I lay my family at Your feet knowing that  You will keep us safe. We submit our lives to You, Lord, help us resist the devil so that he will flee from us (James 4:7). Thank You, Lord, for Your protection and watchful eye. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment